Publisher: Cemetery Dance Publications
Pub Date: 2019
About the Book:
This collection features tales of horror by Brian James Freeman that deal with both real and supernatural terrors, exploring unfamiliar territories within the heart and mind, uncovering our darkest demons in the most unexpected places:
• Erin and Russ discover something their beloved “Pop-Pop” hid away in his attic that was never meant to see the light of day again.
• A lonely young man’s unusual job takes a heavy toll on him in “Answering the Call.”
• In “The Final Lesson,” a mild-mannered high school teacher might not be able to control himself when he learns the truth about his wife’s death.
• Patty knows everyone makes mistakes in life, and when it comes to “Loving Roger,” she wants to fix the errors of her ways, no matter how high of a price she might need to pay.
• A family man discovers monsters taking over the world in “Among Us,” but he also learns that a chosen few can fight back–if they’re willing to sacrifice everything they love the most.
• As “Not Without Regrets” opens, Sarah is remembering her grandmother’s motto: make every day count and live without regrets because no one gets out alive.
• Finally, in “What They Left Behind,” a young man discovers something lurking in the basement of an abandoned office building… something that is evil, and very, very hungry.
These stories showcase Brian James Freeman’s dazzling virtuosity and imagination as his characters descend into the depths of madness. Discover why Richard Matheson called his writing “spooky stuff” and why Stewart O’Nan said his stories have “great velocity and impact.” There is darkness all around us, but Brian James Freeman isn’t afraid to shine a light onto the things that scare us the most.
Copies ordered through our site can be signed and inscribed if you wish. Please include a note in the “comments” section during checkout or email Brian after you order.