PUBLISHER: Amaranthine Books
EDITION: Special Imported Limited Edition
Amaranthine Books is back with a brand new special edition that takes their press to a whole new level!
The Doctor Edition of Frankenstein attempts to incorporate the spirit of dr. Victor Frankenstein and his (mis)deeds. It is quarter-bound in finest goatskin black leather and aluminium. The use of aluminium was inspired by an operating table and therefore a real surgeon’s needle was blocked onto the front cover. The spine is blocked in sliver, while the detailing on aluminium is engraved with laser. There are eight illustrations inside (two spreads) that are sensitive to heat, so they transform upon touch, which means each illustrations has two phases. It comes in a solander box that was inspired by a doctor’s tool bag from that era.
- Limited to 300 numbered and signed copies.
- Signed by Marko Matijašević (creative concept) and Yana Adamović (illustrations).
- Cased in solander box bound in a material made of 85% genuine leather fibres with metal plate on the spine.
- Purple velvet inside the solander box.
- Quarter-bound in finest black goatskin leather (sourced from Didier Lieutard in France) and aluminium.
- Spine blocked in silver foil.
- Silver page edges.
- Handmade cellular pattern marbled endpapers by Freya Scott.
- Printed offset on Fedrigoni Savile Row 100g paper.
- Eight full page coloured illustrations (two spreads).
- Each illustration screen printed by hand with thermochromic ink to give it two phases sensitive to warm touch (it is completely reversible, below you can read more on how and under what conditions this ink works).
- Illustrated drop caps for every chapter.
- Smyth sewn with black thread.
- Several hidden design details.
- Bookmark in shape of a doctor’s scalpel.