Out of Print
Lividian Publications is pleased to offer our Deluxe Signed & Traycased Lettered Edition of Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill.
Our special editions of Heart-Shaped Box include a brand-new foreword by Josh Malerman, an introduction by Joe Hill that has only previously appeared in the UK, bonus features such as “Jude Confronts Global Warming” and the “lost” first chapter of the novel, along with “Traveling the Night Road with Joe Hill: On Heart-Shaped Box” by Mathias Clasen, the acclaimed Danish scholar of horror fiction and an associate professor in literature and media at Aarhus University.
In addition, this gorgeous Lettered Edition volume features an incredible twenty full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt (all the artwork from the Limited Edition plus an exclusive frontispiece), which have been set into the book design and will be printed as part of the book blocks as part of the four-color printing process. (See the Lettered Editions of Revival and 20th Century Ghosts for examples of this technique.)
Format: Deluxe Signed Lettered Edition Housed in a Slide-In Traycase
Retail Price: $1500
Publication Date: June 2022
Page Count: 552
Status: Out of Print
• Twenty full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt
• A brand new foreword by Josh Malerman
• An introduction by Joe Hill
• Includes “Jude Confronts Global Warming” and the “lost” first chapter of the novel, along with “Traveling the Night Road with Joe Hill: On Heart-Shaped Box” by Mathias Clasen
Deluxe Production Features:
• Printed by a boutique specialty press separately from the Limited Edition run
• Four-color interior offset printing on an upgraded acid-free paper with a textured finish
• Interior artwork has been set within the page design and printed as part of the book block
• Three-piece fine binding of imported Italian leather and cloth
• Imported Indian hand-marbled endpapers
• Gold gilding on the page edges
• Smyth-sewn for a more durable binding
• Genuine spine hubs like an old world volume
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Colored head and tail bands
• Two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Features a full-color frontispiece
• Housed in a hand-made slide-in traycase featuring padded boards, hot foil stamping on the front, spine, and inside of the case, and imported Indian hand-marbled endpapers for the interior lining
• Includes a hand-tipped page of original artwork by François Vaillancourt
• Print run of just 52 hand-lettered copies
• Full-color signature sheet signed by Joe Hill, François Vaillancourt, Josh Malerman, and Mathias Clasen
About the Book:
Judas Coyne is a collector of the macabre: a cookbook for cannibals… a used hangman’s noose… a snuff film. An aging death-metal rock god, his taste for the unnatural is as widely known to his legions of fans as the notorious excesses of his youth. But nothing he possesses is as unlikely or as dreadful as his latest discovery, an item for sale on the Internet, a thing so terribly strange, Jude can’t help but reach for his wallet.
I will “sell” my stepfather’s ghost to the highest bidder…
For a thousand dollars, Jude will become the proud owner of a dead man’s suit, said to be haunted by a restless spirit. He isn’t afraid. He has spent a lifetime coping with ghosts—of an abusive father, of the lovers he callously abandoned, of the bandmates he betrayed. What’s one more?
But what UPS delivers to his door in a black heart-shaped box is no imaginary or metaphorical ghost, no benign conversation piece. It’s the real thing.
And suddenly the suit’s previous owner is everywhere: behind the bedroom door… seated in Jude’s restored vintage Mustang… standing outside his window… staring out from his widescreen TV. Waiting—with a gleaming razor blade on a chain dangling from one bony hand…
A multiple-award winner for his short fiction, Joe Hill immediately vaulted into the top echelon of dark fantasists with this blood-chilling roller-coaster ride of a novel, a masterwork brimming with relentless thrills and acid terror.
Who is signing?
Joe Hill, François Vaillancourt, Josh Malerman, and Mathias Clasen have already signed the signature sheets.