Out of stock
PUBLISHER: SST Publications
EDITION: Signed & Numbered Limited Edition Hardcover
“I picked up The Little Sleep, planning to just read a few pages, knowing full well I didn’t have time to dip into it. Several hours later I was closing the book with a satisfied grin. The best thing I can say about this is the classic ‘I couldn’t put it down’ and mean it. It’s original and different, and yet somehow good kin folk to what has gone before in the tradition of Raymond Chandler.” — Joe R. Lansdale
The Little Sleep is Paul Tremblay’s nod to Raymond Chandler starring a PI who nods off. Mark Genevich is a South Boston private detective who happens to have a severe form of narcolepsy, which includes hypnagogic hallucinations, like waking dreams. Unsurprisingly, his practice is not exactly booming.
Then one day the daughter of an ambitious district attorney and a contestant on the reality talent show American Star named Jennifer Times comes to him for help—or does she? A man has stolen her fingers, she claims, and she’d like Genevich to get them back. When the PI wakes up from what must surely be a hallucination, the only evidence that his client may have been real is a manila envelope on his desk. Inside are revealing photos of Jennifer. Is Genevich dealing with a blackmailer or an exhibitionist? And where is the mysterious young lady, who hopefully still has her fingers attached?
The detective has no choice but to plunge into what proves to be a bad dream of a case, with twists and turns even his subconscious could not anticipate. Chloroforming the hardboiled crime genre then shaking it awake and spinning it around, Paul Tremblay delivers a wholly original, wildly imaginative, gleefully entertaining noir mystery—guaranteed to keep you up all night, even if Mark Genevich won’t be joining you.
Signed Limited Hardcover Edition:
* Limited to only 400 signed and hand-numbered copies
* Personally signed by Paul Tremblay on a specially designed full-colour illustrated signature page
* Larger 6.14” x 9.21” trim size
* Printed on a heavier 100gsm acid-free paper
* Bound in premium cloth with coloured head and tail bands
* Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
* Offset printed and bound with full-colour endpapers
* Sewn binding for increased durability
* Dust jacket artwork and interior illustrations by Daniele Serra
* Including a full colour fold-out printed on 130gsm Silk Art stock and tipped into the book
* Including extra bonus material not published in other editions