Out of Print
PLEASE NOTE: If you pay using a payment plan such as Affirm, Partially, Afterpay, or PayPal Pay Later, please email me at email@example.com after completing your order. They don’t always send the confirmation back to the system to actually change the status of your order, I need to do that manually. Thank you!
Lividian Publications is pleased to offer our Deluxe Signed & Traycased Lettered Edition of Where They Wait by Scott Carson, which will begin shipping in a few weeks. This deluxe special edition has been lavishly crafted with collectors and readers alike in mind. François Vaillancourt provided stunning full-color artwork for the frontispiece and full-color illustrations for the interior, making this special edition a true work of art. The books were printed separately from the Limited Edition on an upgraded 80# acid-free paper using a four-color specialty press. Our case maker then constructed the matching clamshell cases to house and protect them.
This Lettered Edition will be shipping before the Limited Edition, making it the true first of the special editions.
Please Note: If you have questions about how we assign letters from book to book, please read this FAQ.
Retail Price: $950
Publication Date: October 24, 2023
Page Count: 442
• Thirteen full-color interior illustrations by François Vaillancourt
• Full-color frontispiece by François Vaillancourt
Deluxe Production Features:
• Printed by a specialty press separately from the Limited Edition
• Four-color interior offset printing on an upgraded acid-free paper
• All interior artwork printed in full-color
• Fine binding and matching clamshell case
• Smyth-sewn to create a more durable binding
• Twine head and tail bands
• High-quality hand-printed endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Includes a full-color frontispiece
• Custom-made clamshell case stamped with hot foil and lined inside with full-color artwork
• Print run of just 52 hand-lettered copies
• Full-color signature sheet signed by Scott Carson and François Vaillancourt
About the Book:
Recently laid-off from his newspaper and desperate for work, war correspondent Nick Bishop takes a humbling job: writing a profile of a new mindfulness app called Clarity. It’s easy money, and a chance to return to his hometown for the first time in years. The app itself seems like a retread of old ideas—relaxing white noise and guided meditations. But then there are the “Sleep Songs.” A woman’s hauntingly beautiful voice sings a ballad that is anything but soothing—it’s disturbing, and more of a warning than a relaxation—but it works. Deep, refreshing sleep follows.
So do the nightmares. Vivid and chilling, they feature a dead woman who calls Nick by name and whispers guidance—or are they threats? And her voice follows him long after the song is done. As the effects of the nightmares begin to permeate his waking life, Nick makes a terrifying discovery: no one involved with Clarity has any interest in his article. Their interest is in him.
About the Author:
Scott Carson is the pen name for a New York Times bestselling author and screenwriter. He lives in New England—just above a dam.
Reviews and Praise:
Where They Wait is so readable, you’ll be a couple of hundred pages in before you realize you’re terrified…and then you can’t put it down. Mesmerizing.
— Stephen King, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Bag of Bones
Tense and twisty.
— Charlaine Harris, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Southern Vampire Mysteries
A taut, creepy techno-chiller that will leave you hearing ghosts.
— Paul Tremblay, author of A Head Full of Ghosts and Survivor Song